Tuesday, July 9, 2013

People Just Don't Get "It"

My "I" of infertility for today is the "It" that looms over your head, and the fact that people who have never been in this struggle just don't get "It". They don't understand why therapy offered by an adoption agency isn't what I'm looking for when I suggested a support group. I don't want to get a pat on the back to hear "I'm sorry you can't have a baby but we have one you can adopt". Not having a child isn't the issue. Not being able to carry a child is the issue. These are two completely different stories.  Don't get me wrong, adoption is wonderful and I have absolutely no doubt that I would love an adopted child just as much as a child I gave birth to. The real issue at hand is glazing over the infertility struggle because you now have a child so "everything is OK now."

Therapy at an adoption agency was a suggestion I just received from someone at my church......Well thanks for completely missing the point on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment